We had a fabulous time at yesterday’s Halloween celebrations! Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make the day so special for the kiddos. 🙂
LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we continued our routines for Read to Buddy/Emergent Story Books. Students learned how to retell their “old favorite” stories in their own ways – we practiced with The Three Billy Goats Gruff! Students also used connecting words (“And then…” , “After that…”, “Next…”) and exact character words (“Who’s that trip-trapping over my bridge?!”) in their retellings. In Writing Workshop we wrapped our launching unit lessons. Students are utilizing a system for organizing their writing (unfinished/finished sides of their folder) and are learning to revisit old pieces and make them longer by adding more words. We also selected our favorite piece of writing from the unit and will “fix and fancy it up” next week.
MATH: We had lots of special events during our math time this week! We practiced representing numbers in different ways, ordering numbers 0-10, and finding one more than a given number.
HEALTH/SCIENCE: In Health we will learn about fire safety. We kicked off our week of learning with a visit from the Beverly Hills Department of Public Safety! In science we learned about our five senses. Ask your kiddo about our nature walk. 🙂
- Tuesday, November 5th is a Teacher Records Day – there will be NO SCHOOL for students.
- Thursday, November 14th is Wear Blue for Diabetes Awareness!
- Kindergartners and an adult chaperone are invited to join Mrs. Vigneron on Tuesday, November 19th at 6:00 pm for the Kindergarten Pajama Party at the Book Fair. Stay tuned for more details!
- Wednesday, November 20th and Thursday, November 21st are half-days of AM school only. Students will be dismissed at 12:05 pm. Parent-teacher conferences will be held from 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm. Sign-up links will be sent out soon!
- Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving Break on Wednesday, November 27th, Thursday, November 28th, and Friday, November 29th. Enjoy the holiday with your families!
Have a wonderful weekend!