LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we continued our unit on Getting to Know Characters. Students learned to study the text and illustrations and imagine what the characters are thinking and saying. In Writing Workshop we continued our unit on Opinion Letters. Students are learning to give more reasons for their opinions and to use the letter format to share their thinking with others.
MATH: This week we began continued our unit on Numbers 11-20. Students are learning to see teen numbers as a group of ten and extra ones. We naming numbers the “Say Ten” way – 13 is “ten three”, or 17 is “ten seven”. We also broke down 11-20 into number bonds and modeled these numbers with objects, drawings, and ten frames.
- The Character Education Committee at Beverly continues to work with parent, student, and teacher feedback to ensure that we are reaching our current goals and to set new goals for the upcoming school year. Please consider contributing to the Parent Survey by Monday, May 20th. Thank you!
- Wednesday, May 15th is our rescheduled Bike to School Day. Remember to wear your helmet!
- Mrs. Buchanan (our music teacher) has planned our class music performance for Friday, May 17th during our afternoon music time. Please plan on being in the music room by 2:10.
- Join the Beverly community on Friday, May 17th from 6:00-8:00 pm on the big playground blacktop for the 4th Annual Beverly DIY Festival!
- Earlier this week Ms. Arslanian sent home a permission slip for the Beverly Park Storybook Trail field trip. She will take our class during our regular Library time on Tuesday, May 21st. Please have your child wear their yellow Beverly shirt on this day!
- Schools will be closed on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day.
- Field Day will take place on Friday, May 31st. Grades K-2 will be from 9:00-11:15 am and grades 3-5 will be from 1:25-3:40 pm. Click here for the sign up. Please send your child to school with their yellow Beverly t-shirt, gym shoes, a water bottle (labeled with name), and sun protection on this day!
Have a wonderful weekend!