LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we continued our unit on Informational Books. Students studied the parts of the pictures in their book and thought about how the parts go together. We learned that the pictures can help us understand the big idea the author is trying to teach us. In Writing Workshop we continued our unit on How-To Writing. Students added labels to their diagrams to help readers understand their books. They also used transition words, such as first, next, then, after that, last, and finally.
MATH: This week we continued our unit on Number Pairs (Addition & Subtraction to 10). Students modeled decompositions (addends/partners of) 6-8 using linking cubes, and both horizontal and vertical number bonds. We are working hard to make our number order match the order in our picture/model. Students are also learning that the word and represents putting together, joining two parts (foundations of addition).
- Kindergarten Pajama Day is Friday, March 29th! Help your child pick out some comfy jammies to wear to school on this day.
- Beverly Yearbooks for sale! Yearbooks are $18 each and will be available for online purchase through April 5th (this deadline is during spring break). Click here to complete your online order. Our school PayCode is 950416.
- Schools will be closed for Spring Break from April 1st-April 5th. Classes will resume on Monday, April 8th.
- April is Autism Awareness Month. Beverly will show our support by wearing blue on Friday, April 12th.
- The third week in April is a short school week! Thursday, April 18th is a half day and students will be dismissed at 12:05 pm. Schools will be closed all day on Friday, April 19th.
Have a wonderful weekend!