LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we continued our unit on Informational Books. Students learned to use patterns to predict what might be on the next page, practiced using all strategies to read informational texts, and learned to retell what they learned across their fingers after reading. In Writing Workshop we wrapped up our unit on Small Moments. Students chose their best work to fix and fancy. Next week your child will bring home all other drafts and attempts from the unit. You will see their final copies at conferences!
MATH: This week we continued our unit on Number Pairs (Addition & Subtraction to 10). Students modeled composition and decomposition of numbers to 5 using number bonds and story situations. Ask your child to tell you and draw a number story! (I went to the grocery store. I bought 2 apples and 3 bananas. I bought 5 pieces of fruit in all. 2 and 3 make 5.)
- March is Reading Month is upon us! Our theme this year is Stomp-Chomp-Read. Our school-wide goal is to read 1,500 books in the month of March. Click here to help your child submit the titles they have read.
- Next week is the All For Books Coin Drive. Please consider donating loose change in the baggie that was sent home in your child’s folder – see the photo below for the coin collection schedule. All money collected goes directly to purchasing more books for our school.
- Join the Beverly community for the Moving in March Family Fitness Night on Tuesday, March 12th from 6:00-7:00. Click here for more details and the sign-up.
- The Dino-Mite Book Fair is right around the corner! The book fair will be open in the Library on Tuesday, March 19th from 3:30-5:00 pm, on March 20th & 21st from 12:00-8:00 pm, and on Friday, March 22nd from 3:30-5:00 pm. If you are unable to attend the book fair in person, you can shop online at the Beverly book fair from March 12-30.
- Parent-teacher conferences will be held on Wednesday, March 20th from 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm and on Thursday, March 21st from 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm. Students will have AM school only and dismissal is at 12:05 pm on both Wednesday and Thursday. Click here to schedule your conference.
- Rock your socks for World Down Syndrome Day on Thursday, March 21st! Wear your fun socks to school!
Have a wonderful weekend!