LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we continued our unit on Pattern Books. Students made their books come to life by matching their voice to what was happening (character voices and actions) in the book. In Writing Workshop we wrapped up our unit on Pattern Books. Students chose a favorite piece and added color to publish. We will celebrate our learning and students will bring home their work next week.
MATH: This week we continued our unit on Measurement. Students compared sets of objects within 10, making sets that showed the same, 1 more, and 1 less.
- The Kids Heart Challenge (formerly known as Jump Rope for Heart) began this week. Click here to view the Beverly’s Challenge page.
- Go Orange for Muscular Dystrophy is on Friday, February 1st. Encourage your child to wear orange on this day to support students (including Ms. Johnson’s son, Ethan) with MD!
- The Vocal Music Concert for grades 1-5 is Tuesday, February 5th. Kindergartners will NOT perform in this event. K classes will have their own concerts in the spring. 🙂
- Wednesday, February 6th is a half day of school. Students will have AM school only and will be dismissed at 12:05 pm.
- The 100th Day of School is fast approaching! As of today, we will celebrate on Thursday, February 7th. If we have another school cancellation due to weather, the day will be pushed back. Please help your child gather a collection of 100 items to share on this special day. Collections should be non-edible, non-breakable, and should be able to fit in a gallon size (or smaller) zip-storage bag. Ideas include: cards, Lego pieces, paper clips, buttons, pennies, etc. Please label the bag with your child’s name!
Have a wonderful weekend!