LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we will wrap up our unit on Reading Superpowers. Students will use patterns to “sing out” books, use punctuation to figure out how to read a text, and change their reading voice to show understanding (example – change voice to reflect the feelings of the characters). In Writing Workshop we will continue our unit on Labeling and Listing. Students will make plans to teach about their topic, use nonfiction informational books to help them learn and write more about their topic, and use patterns to write about their topic. We will continue to practice building our snap words in tactile stations with sand, play doh, wikki stix, stamps, and whiteboards.
MATH: This week we will continue our unit on Measurement. Students will explore comparing the length of linking cube sticks and classroom objects using longer than, shorter than, and the same as. We will also begin to explore comparing weight of classroom objects using heavier than and lighter than. You can help your child practice at home by comparing objects to see which has more/less of an attribute, such as length or weight. For example, the pan is heavier than the spoon, or the crayon is shorter than the scissors.
- Beverly’s Coney Night & Staff Raffle will take place on Tuesday, December 11th. Join Beverly families for a dinner of coney dogs, greek salad, chips, and ice cream treats. Dinner will be served from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. The Beverly Singers will perform their holiday repertoire at 7:00 pm. The raffle will be held immediately following the concert.
- Wednesday, December 12th is Animal Spirit Day. Students are invited to dress like an animal, wear animal print, or where something with an animal on it. The Bobcat Leadership Team is hosting a coin collection in the lobby where students can vote for the animal they think our school should virtually adopt from the World Wildlife Fund. Click here for the Spirit Day flyer.
- Friday, December 21st is Pajama Day. Students are invited to wear comfy clothes or pajamas on this last day before Winter Break. Click here for the Spirit Day flyer.
- Our class will participate in Beverly’s Projects With a Purpose on Friday, December 21st from 11:00-11:45 am. The Kindergarten classes will decorate paper grocery bags for a local food pantry. We will also decorate place mats for Meals on Wheels and a local nursing home. Grown-ups are welcome to join our class during this time to help out at a craft station or sit with students and allow them to show off their reading superpowers! Click here to view a note from Mrs. Vigneron about our school-wide day of service. To go along with the grocery bags, the K classes are also hosting a canned food drive during the week of December 17th-21st. Click here to view the flyer.
- Schools will be closed Monday, December 24th through Tuesday, January 1st for Winter Break. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 2nd.
Let’s have a wonderful week!