LITERACY: In Reading Workshop we started our unit on Reading Superpowers. Students focused on using their finger as a reading tool – to help them point to the words they can read, check to make sure their voice matches the word on the page, and practice reading one word for each finger tap. In Writing Workshop we began our unit on Labeling and Listing. Students practiced recording observations like scientists (pictures and labels), capturing what they see exactly the way they find it.
MATH: This week we begin our unit on 2-D and 3-D Shapes. Students determined whether or not a shape has a curve and learned to classify 2-D shapes such as triangles and rectangles. We spend a lot of time discussing attributes of shapes: open/closed shape, number of sides, number of corners, square corners (right angles), etc.
- Thank you for your support in our transition into winter gear! Please remember to label every item and encourage your child to practice putting on/taking off gear independently. We’re starting to get the hang of those zippers! 🙂
- Report cards will be available for online viewing on Monday, November 18th at the end of the school day.
- The Book Fair is coming next week! Check out the flyer below for more details:
- Kindergartners and an adult chaperone are invited to join Mrs. Vigneron on Tuesday, November 19th at 6:00 pm for the Kindergarten Pajama Party at the Book Fair. Click here for the digital flyer.
- Wednesday, November 20th and Thursday, November 21st are half-days of AM school only. Students will be dismissed at 12:05 pm. Parent-teacher conferences will be held from 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm. Click here for the sign up link.
- Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving Break on Wednesday, November 27th, Thursday, November 28th, and Friday, November 29th. Enjoy the holiday with your families!
Have a wonderful weekend!