LITERACY: In Reading Workshop students practiced pointing to and reading words they know, rereading to sound more like the book, and adding to their “snap word” bank. I’ll share more information about snap words (also known as sight words or high-frequency words) at conferences. In Writing Workshop students finished “fancying up” one of their stories by adding color and a book cover. You’ll get to see this final piece at our conference. 🙂
MATH: This week students learned to show one more and one less than a given number. This would be a fun game to play at home or in the car! We also worked on a turkey number project for the hallway. Students chose a target number (6, 7, or 8), then broke it apart to show the hidden partners. Be sure to check out the special project at conferences!
- Thursday, November 14th is Wear Blue for Diabetes Awareness!
- Do you cheer for the Wolverines or Spartans? Students are welcome to wear their team colors for U of M/MSU Spirit Day on Friday, November 15th.
- The Book Fair is coming soon! Check out the flyer below for more details:
- Kindergartners and an adult chaperone are invited to join Mrs. Vigneron on Tuesday, November 19th at 6:00 pm for the Kindergarten Pajama Party at the Book Fair.
- Wednesday, November 20th and Thursday, November 21st are half-days of AM school only. Students will be dismissed at 12:05 pm. Parent-teacher conferences will be held from 1-4 pm and 5-8 pm. Click here for the sign up link.
- Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving Break on Wednesday, November 27th, Thursday, November 28th, and Friday, November 29th. Enjoy the holiday with your families!
Have a wonderful weekend!